Friday, June 26, 2009

Not eating enough..........who'd have thought?

I guess I forgot to write about the nutritionlist visit. I had to take in a food diary of 1 week. I did....and she told me I was not consuming enough calories. I thought she was crazy. But alas, she is the professional. She also wants me to be checked for PCOS (polysistic ovarian syndrom) she stated it could be the reason I have trouble loosing weight and I don't ovulate...etc etc. I already knew everything else she told me, like eating organic and natural things. Take vitamins. I know it all. I practice a lot of it. But I have that crazy sweet tooth. I could get all my extra calories from sweets really easily LOL

The surgeon today told me not to get tested for PCOS, it would just be a waste. If I did have it, they wouldn't do anything for it, because the cure for it is weight loss. He said that if I still do not become fertile then, other testing will be done. But he did say that most women who were not able to have children, after the surgery are. That's a good thing, since we have officially decided that we want a family. Our goal is that after my truck is paid off we will begin. Which falls right into the timeline of waiting 1 year after being banded to get pregnant.

5 comments:

Rachel Mary said...

My Mom had PCOS and my sister has it. Very interesting. I never knew all that about it. I do know that my sister had a tumor size mass taken off of one of her ovaries and was on some kind of meds that helped stop the cyst growth and then BAM she got preggo. Good luck with everything... I like the updates. Keep em coming

Introspective Steph said...

Maybe that's what I have...PCOS. Interesting. I should ask my doctor once I feel like going. I'm still not really wanting to go yet. I want a child...but at the same time I'm glad that I don't. Am i being selfish?

Joel said...

craziness...I knew you had a blog but last time I checked it wasn't started yet and now....it's here. I didn't know you were going through all of what you are going through....you'll be in our prayers. Having a child is a miracle....it really is. We'll have to tell you the whole story sometime.

SuburbiaMom said...

My sister and one of my sister-in-laws has PCOS. Another sign of PCOS is body hair and acne, because the testosterone level is higher due to the lack of enough female hormones (like estrogen) not being produced from a faulty ovary. Both of them are regulated by birth control pills which helps them a lot. My sister-in-law has been able to conceive so good luck to you!!!

jacquie said...

you're on quite a journey. hi! you asked about me selling the quilts from my show. i've resisted setting up a shop because most quilts are very personal purchases. now that i have some "inventory" i may just need to set up a shop for them. i sold one that was in yesterday's post to a lady from idaho. we just did it the old fashioned way. if you're interested in something before the shop appears, just let me know and i'll send you pictures and any info you need. thanks so much for asking,
jacquie