Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Craigs List


I wanted to tell you guys about my weird craigslist.com experience. First off let me tell you that I love craigslist. It is easier to navigate than ebay and I enjoy looking at what's free and what other people want. I always look at the want ads incase I have something that they want I can get rid of. But yesterday I was browsing for a tent. This weekend is suppose to be so nice, it makes me want to camp. I found a brand new in the box Eddie Bauer Sequoia 7 person tent (retail $180) for $99 cash, not negotiable. Okay I thought, if it's really new and all the parts are there, that's a really good deal. So I sent an email reply to see if it was still available. I left my cell for the seller to contact me, since it was near the end of the day. He called yesterday evening. He did infact still have the tent and was pretty flixible that evening for meeting him. He asked that I meet him in the old Circuit City parking lot in NJ, just across the PA line. So it only took me half hour or so to get there. So Scott and I head out. We call seller to tell him we've arrived, and he shows up a few minutes later. He lives close to this spot he tells me previously. We looked at the tent, decided to purchase it, exchanged tent for money, and were carrying on a conversation about his internet business and what else he sells, etc., when in Mid-Sentence he says....Okay Thanks, I gotta go. As we get back into our car, I noticed that a Police car was traveling thru the parking lot (it was a strip-mall) So he saw that police car and bolted....That really made us wonder if the tent we just purchased was HOT. We we actually teasing about it on the way over, I told Scott I was going to ask him if it was a Chinese knock-off, like those designer hand bags you can buy really cheap. Scott said he was going to call the guy and ask him if it was stolen and tell him that we just got pulled over and the police were tearing apart our trunk, he said the guy would probably just hang up on him. I told him that he probably had just been in trouble in that town before, for conducting business in the parking lot of a store. Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

lol..sounds like you bough a stolen tent. LOL. Who steals a tent? lol well I guess people steal a lot of weird things. As for what you should do, I don't know.

SuburbiaMom said...

Yeah, could be stolen. Gotta be careful on craigslist. I've almost been screwed over once, myself.

Mamapierce said...

I LOVE craigslist. We just found a working hot tub for $300! You can't beat that!