Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Caved.....

I went out (without hubby knowing) and got him the motorcycle he's been wanting for ummm let me see FOREVER! I was so againsts a bike, but for selfish reasons. I talked to the salesman and it's really not a big bike at all, it's a starter. It's a Ninja 500EX, Red....and I must say, he looks pretty sexy on it. I tried to get it delivered that same night to suprise him, but that didn't work. So I went to Wal-Mart and got him a toy one. I wrapped up the key in red tissue paper and put it in the bottom of the red gift bag. Then I took the remaining red paper and put it around the toy and made it look all pretty. I got him a card and so on. I sat it in his bathroom on the sink. When he got home from work I was fixing dinner and he asked if he could squeeze in and use the sink, I said...what's wrong with yours? He went into his bathroom (pounting a bit I wouldnt' let him use the kitchen sink...lol) He states, Oh, now I see why that sink wasn't good enough. So he washes up and brings his gift out to the Living Room. He opens the card, and is confused when he reads the part that I wrote that said, Please don't make me regret this....He takes out the toy and thinks that he finally got his bike (the toy) I told him, there is more...he gets to the paper wrapped key and can't get it out. You'd think he knew, he finally get's it and looks at it and looks at me...I told him it will be delivered tomorrow...He is speachless and keeps asking me if I'm serious. It was so wonderful to be able to suprise him with that gift. It was quite affordable and one of the stipulations is that he can not complain about my shopping anymore. LOL and I can look into getting LapBand Surgery. So it's sort-a win win for me.

3 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

I want to see pictures of this new bike!!!

Introspective Steph said...

it's not foundation work. Our inspector said that overall the house is in really good condition and that in any house of that age (1957) that the problems are all normal problems: basement wood, wet wood for the awning...etc. because of the materials they used. He said there weren't as strict as they are now.

Aaron & Nancy said...

My sister-in-law did this for my brother a few years ago. Talk about scoring points...I want to see pictures. Are you going to ride it?