Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Insurance troubles..................

The surgeon's receptionist called me and told me that when they sent in for approval the insurance company sent back and was questioning my excercise and probably why I wasn't doing a whole lot more. I am having my chiropractor send a letter to them about the core strength training I am doing and that the broken back I sufford from 3 years ago has me limited in what I can do at the time. He is also going to state how the bariatric procedure will be beneficial to me.

Tomorrow I still go in for pre-op testing. I have to take a "sample" with me and I am having an endescope done. I guess he is going to put me under light sedation and go take a look at my stomach. I have been googling on how to get "the sample".

I am 1 month SMOKE FREE and loving it. I even survived Thanksgiving weekend with my extended family of smokers and was still just fine. I did use that Chantix a little in the beginning but had to stop because it was making my stomach hurt. Then when I went off of it, it sent my body in a whirl wind of emotions. I was ready to divorce my husband. I was hateful, I broke out into sweats, then I was freezing....it's not a very nice drug at all. It has even caused some people to commit suicide. But....it really does help you quit smoking. It's a catch 22 if you ask me. I normally don't get any side effects from prescription drugs, I think I got them all from Chantix. If you know anyone thinking about taking it, incourage them to really research it first.

2 comments:

SuburbiaMom said...

Thanks for the update--I sure hope they get a handle on everything. Keep up the good work and have fun with that "sample!"

Introspective Steph said...

you'll have to let me know how you get the sample out of your stomach...if it's not too gross. lol